Jun 10, 2005

Listen

I Listen to the trees, and they say:
"Stand tall and yield.
Be tolerant and flexible.
Be true to yourself.
Stand alone, and stand together.
Be brave.
Be patient.
With time, you will grow."
I Listen to the wind, and it says:
"Breathe.
Take care of yourself - body, mind, and spirit.
Take time.
Be quiet.
Listen from your heart.
Forgive."
I Listen to the sun, and it says:
"Nurture others.
Let your warmth radiate for others to feel.
Give yourself without expectations."
I Listen to the creek, and it says:
"Relax; go with the flow.
Tend to what's really important, and let the rest go by.
Keep moving - don't be hesitant or afraid.
Lighten up - laugh, giggle."
I Listen to the mountains, and they say:
"Be there.
Be honest.
Be trustworthy.
Do what you say you're going to do.
Be true, genuine, and real.
Speak from the heart.
Don't cheat."
I Listen to the birds, and they say:
"Set yourself free.
Sing."
I Listen to the clouds, and they say:
"Be creative.
Be expressive.
Let your spirit run free.
Let yourself be light and gay, but let yourself be heavy and sad.
Cry when you feel like it."
I Listen to the sky, and it says:
"Open up.
Let go of the boundaries and barriers which you have created to protect yourself.
Experience change.
Fly."
I Listen to the flowers and small plants, and they say:
"Be humble.
Be simple.
Respect the beauty of small things.
Respect the beauty of humility and truth.
Let go of perfectionism.
Love yourself as you are; it opens the door to change.
Practice acceptance."
I Listen to the bugs and flying insects, and they say:
"Work.
Be productive.
Use your hands.
Focus on what's in front of you.
Ignore the past; there is only the present."
I Listen to the moon, and it says:
"Love.
Share love.
Make love.
Be romantic -- touch and caress.
Allow yourself to be loved.
Be gentle, kind, and understanding.
Use candles."
I Listen to the stars, and they wink and say:
"Play.
Dance, be silly, have fun."
I Listen to the earth, and it says:
"I am your mother.
I give you life.
Respect all that is around you.
Find beauty in all things - living and not - including yourself; for we are all one - not separate.
Be especially respectful to the very young and the very old, for they are both very near God.
Give up the belief that you are a higher form of life; there is no higher form of life.
We are equal because we are the same.
When you return to me, I will welcome you, and I will set your spirit free.
Love and nurture your children; cook good food for them, and hold them very close to you often.
Hold me close to you often as well, and I will hold you in return; I will support you.
Have faith."
- Dr. Charles Roper -

No comments:

Post a Comment